This week, to prepare for my DE4402 essay, I wrote a summary of the assignment , followed practitioners on LinkedIn, ArtStation and Instagram, and wrote a blog post of potential practitioners I could interview. For my practice module, I created a functional health bar in UE5, over the course of a few days, using as little direction as possible to try to learn through trial and error rather than just following tutorials step by step. I also challenged myself to use Blender for the first time without using any tutorials to create a 3D model of a lantern to import in to Unreal Engine and use within my level. The Process: In the level, the player must travel through a dark cave using rocks, wooden planks and moving platforms to avoid the lava and reach the finish line. To create the effect of jagged rocks, I distorted the shape of static mesh cubes by activating modelling mode, adding edge loops and using PolyGroup Edit to move, rotate and scale the faces, edges and verti...
Comments
Post a Comment